Test Your KnowledgeBack to Top
Are you ready to demonstrate your Low Power Op Amps Essentials knowledge? ? Then take a quick 15-question, multiple-choice quiz to see how much you've learned from this learning module.
To earn the Essentials of Low Power Op Amps I Badge, read through the learning module, attain 100% in the quiz at the bottom, leave some feedback in the comments section, and give the module a star rating.
1) Early op amps were configured to perform a variety of mathematical operations and were made of _________.
2) True or False: The input stage of an operational amplifier generally provides most of the voltage gain of the amplifier.
3) True or False: The slew rate is caused by current limiting and the saturation of internal stages of an op amp when a high frequency, large amplitude signal is applied.
4) True or False: The closed loop gain of an operational amplifier can be made as accurate as possible by selecting appropriate semiconductor components.
5) A ________________ has two or more inputs, and its output voltage is proportional to the negative of the algebraic sum of its input voltages.
6) True or False: A current to voltage converter provides a proportional output voltage by varying input current.
7) True or False: Random noise from the input circuit and noise generated within the operational amplifier itself, plus any variations in amplifier characteristics due to temperature change or aging components, are all multiplied by an open loop op-amp's gain.
8) The slew rate is the maximum rate of change of output _______ with respect to time, usually specified in volts per microseconds.
9) True or False: An op-amp amplifies the difference of the input voltages, no common-mode output voltage should appear at the output. However, due to imperfections within an actual op-amp, some common mode voltage will appear at the output.
10) True or False: For the amplifier to work in the linear region, a designer should look for an amplifier with high open loop gain, low intrinsic distortion, and high slew rate.
11) True or False: Distortion from the op amp's input stage can be suppressed by minimizing Op Amp Input Differential Voltage (VDIFF).
12) Whenever two items with a charge imbalance are brought in close proximity or in contact, electricity flows between the two objects and is called _______________.
13) A typical 4-stage op amp has a level translator (shifting) circuit that's used after the intermediate stage to shift the dc level at the output of the intermediate stage towards zero volts with respect to ground.
14) True or False: A op-amp comparator is a type of circuit that analyzes two information voltages and produces an output that is either of two states (HIGH or LOW) indicating the relationship between the inputs.
15) True or False: Due to imbalances inside the op amp, the output voltage may not be zero with zero input voltage. This is corrected by applying an Input offset voltage at the input.